Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jing-helping parents understand how to help their child with the weekly reading log

I teach two half day sections of kindergarten and there is never enough time to practice and review ELA skills that students must be proficient in before the end of the school year.  The past few years we have had to develop a weekly reading log that has students practice their reading and writing skills at home.  Parents are asked to have their child work on a couple skills  (5 out of the 7 days) for 10-15 minutes per day.  However, my colleague and I notice that parents are having their student cram in all the skills in one or two days.  I think that Jing would be very useful for introducing the weekly reading log (other than using parent teacher conference time to do this) to the parent by pointing to specific skills and how their child should perform the skill.  Then I would post the link on the Kindergarten website for parents to access.   

No comments:

Post a Comment